Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tomato Basil Chicken Penne


Got this thru a facebook share.  OMG!  So good! So easy!  and perfect for summer, a pasta meal that isn't heavy with sauce.  We've had this several times and I made it for Savannah's b-day at work.  I just put the 9x13 in my roaster oven (work friends said only I would have a "portable oven") and off to work we went.  With salad it is a perfect meal.  Thanks to Cris at GOODENESSgracious for a new favorite.  I'm sure I'll have more.

12 oz Box Penne- Cooked
1 1/2 lb Chicken Tenderloins- Cooked and Cubed
2 15 oz Cans Diced Tomatoes with Basi, Garlic and Oregano
1/2 C Fresh Basil- Chopped
1 Clove Garlic- Minced
1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Combine all ingredients except pasta and cheese in a skillet and heat through.  Add in pasta and mix well before pouring into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Top with cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts and browns slightly.  (I have baked at 350 for about 30 minutes, and it "baked" in the roaster for 2 hours at 250).

No comments:

Post a Comment