Friday, May 24, 2013

Flourless Chocolate Cake


4 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (I used special dark chocolate bars chopped)
1 stick unsalted butter (I used salted)
¾ c sugar
3 lg eggs
½ c unsweetened cocoa powder
Butter an 8 inch round cake pan, line pan with wax paper and butter wax paper.  Melt chocolate and butter in a small metal bowl placed over a saucepan with boiling water. Turn burner down when water starts boiling, but keep at a simmer. Stir until you have a smooth mixture. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. When well combined, add in eggs. Stir until smooth, then add cocoa powder. Stir until just mixed.  Pour into pan and bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, and then invert onto cake plate or serving platter.  

This was VERY good and easy!  Being who I am I had everything measured out before I started, that worked well. After you add the eggs (I beat slightly) it gets thick and then thicker when you add the cocoa powder.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment