Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy Tortellini Soup

Wish I could give credit to the rightful owner for this - but I've made it for YEARS and shared so many times.  This is one of my "go to" meals if I need to take a meal in the winter.

4 c chicken broth
1 pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini (can use dried, 1 ½ - 2 c)
1 can cannellini or white kidney beans
1 can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
1 ½ tsp dried basil (usually the tomatoes have enough seasoning)
In large saucepan bring broth to boil, add tortellini reduce heat & cook until tender, 5 minutes. Add beans and tomatoes and basil (if adding - I usually taste and add if too bland); heat another 5 minutes or so until hot. Serve with Parmesan cheese on top. (Great for a crowd)  *Browned hamburger or Italian sausage can be added if someone in your house misses meat!!

1 comment:

  1. I must make this! I've wanted to try tortellini soup forever now.

    ReplyDelete