Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WW Potato Soup for the Crockpot

I didn't mark where I got this from off  Facebook (sorry).  I made this soup this  summer for work and they scraped the crock-pot clean! This is a keeper and will be made again (actually was just requested - prompting this post)

1 26-30 oz frozen hash browns/Potatoes O'Brien/Country potatoes
2 cans chicken broth
1  can fat free cream of chicken soup
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1 c milk
Add first 5 ingredients to crock-pot and cook on high for an hour.  Stir and then turn to low for another hour.  Add cream cheese, and cook another 1/2 hour or until cheese can be stirred into mixture. Add milk and cook 10 - 15 minutes longer.  Optional: Garnish with chopped green onion and bacon bits. (Add 1 pt for garnish).  Makes 8-10 cup servings   WW Points+:  2 pt no garnish - 3.5 per cup with garnish.

OK, so once again I can't follow a recipe.  I added the hash browns to the broth, soup, and onion, and cooked until tender on the stovetop.  I used my immersion blender and "blended" a small amount.  Then I added the cream cheese and milk, I added this to the crock-pot the next day for work and it was hot when we were ready to eat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment