Monday, September 2, 2013

Oven Pancake

I finally got to meet my Aunt's high school friends I've heard many stories about!  What a great and fun group of ladies!  I made them breakfast Sunday morning so they could visit more.  With all the breakfast casseroles out there what to fix?  It had been a weekend revolved around food, so I wanted something lite, tasty and quick!   I remembered the Oven/German Pancake my mom used to make.  So I searched and found this from Betty Crocker.  Of course all who know me, know I don't make a recipe without adding or substituting something.  I added vanilla and cinnamon to this, served it with strawberries and raspberries, maple syrup and powdered sugar.  2 pie plates, 5 ladies and 1 slice left - I'd say it was a hit!  I bet this would make a great dessert also!

2 TBS butter
2 eggs
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla (my addition)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (my additon)
2 c assorted fresh berries
Powdered sugar, if desired
Heat oven to 400°F. In 9-inch glass pie plate, melt butter in oven; brush butter over bottom and side of pie plate.  In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt just until mixed (do not overbeat). Pour into pie plate.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve pancake immediately topped with berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment