Thursday, September 8, 2011

Monterey Ranch Bread

2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or Cheddar Jack Cheese
¾ c Ranch Salad Dressing
4 Bolillo or Hoagie Rolls, split in half lengthwise to make 8 slices
4 TBS butter, melted
In a bowl, combine the cheese and salad dressing; set aside. Brush slices of bread with butter. Place on baking sheet. Broil in oven 4 inches from the heat until golden brown. Spread with cheese mixture. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.

Once again I was asked to bring an appetizer for a Labor Day cookout. Knowing the crowd doesn't mind being guinea pigs. I made this on a big loaf of french bread from Sam's with double the "stuff". There were TWO slices left - so I guess it was a hit. I was later asked how do I always seem to find wonderful recipes, I thanked all my internet blog friends! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment