Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Sangria

My sister in law got this recipe with the ingredients and a "chalkboard" wine glass as a end of year teacher gift.  What a great gift!  She made the sangria for my niece's graduation party with the on the side so you could choose.  This was so good, not heavy or too sweet (like some pre-maded) sangria's.

Combine:
1 750 ml bottle Red Wine (she used Trader Joe's)
1 bottle Pomegranate Italian Soda (World Market)
1/2 bottle Blood Orange Italian Soda (World Market)

Garnish with sliced citrus fruit (my sil used red and green apple, cantaloupe, strawberries).

Update - I made this for a party yesterday!  I used cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, lime and lemon thinly sliced and quartered and some watermelon I had leftover.  I also added about 1/3 of a bottle of white wine that was left from dinner Saturday nite, the whole bottle of  blood orange soda, and a small bottle of san pellagrino sparking water.   This filled one of the "large plastic jugs" with a spout.  With about 10 people drinking on this by the pool (hence the extra soda and water),  There is a little left.  Will definitely make and take again,  Was nice and light by the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment